The story of “12th Fail” (2023) is a testament to human resilience and the power of chasing dreams against all odds. It’s based on the inspiring true story of Manoj Kumar Sharma, who overcame poverty and academic failure to become a decorated Indian Police Service (IPS) officer.
Here’s a glimpse into the story:
Setting the stage:
- Manoj comes from a humble background in Chambal, a region notorious for poverty and dacoit activity.
- His father, a man of strong morals, gets suspended for refusing to be corrupt.
- Manoj, like most students, prepares to cheat in his Class 12 exams due to societal pressure and a flawed education system.
Taking a turn:
- A strict police officer, DSP Dushyant Singh, disrupts the exam and prevents cheating, leading to widespread failures, including Manoj’s.
- This initial setback throws Manoj into doubt and uncertainty about his future.
Finding a new path:
- To support his family, Manoj starts driving a rickshaw with his brother.
- Despite the hardships, he finds inspiration in DSP Dushyant Singh’s honesty and integrity.
- He encounters Shraddha, a UPSC aspirant, and a beautiful connection forms between them.
Embracing the restart:
- Manoj realizes his true calling lies in becoming an IPS officer like Dushyant Singh.
- He embarks on a challenging journey of self-education, overcoming societal expectations and personal struggles.
- His determination and unwavering dedication lead him to crack the prestigious UPSC exam, defying all odds.
Beyond the personal journey:
- The film also sheds light on the societal pressures and anxieties surrounding Indian education, particularly the obsession with high grades and competitive exams.
- It celebrates the importance of integrity, honesty, and fighting for what’s right, even in the face of adversity.
- “12th Fail” received positive reviews for its heartwarming story, realistic portrayal of rural India, and Vikrant Massey’s phenomenal performance as Manoj.
- It resonated with audiences of all ages and backgrounds, inspiring them to chase their dreams and never give up.
I hope this summary gives you a good overview of the story. If you’d like to know more about specific aspects of the film, feel free to ask!
Watch more: Mobaroknama (2023)